I’ve turned into something of a challenge junkie during the last month or so. I can’t help it; everyone is issuing their 2009 challenges, and I get inspired. I, too, want to complete these challenges! And so, I’m signing up for another challenge. This one actually starts today. It’s the Winter Reading Challenge, and it runs from today (er, yesterday, now) until March 20th- exactly the length of the winter season.
Because I’m also participating in the 999 Challenge and the 100 books challenge, I’m going to be ambitious with this challenge. My goal is 25 books for this challenge. I think I can read 25 books between now and March 20th. It’s an average of eight books a month- that’s easy enough to do.
So here are my 25 books.
01. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (12/29/08 )
02. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr (2/28/09)
03. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell (1/29/09)
04. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter (01/17/09)
05. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (3/7/09)
06. The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig (2/28/09)
07. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
08. The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox
09. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell (01/07/09)
10. Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
11. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
12. Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty (3/8/09)
13. The Disorder of Longing by Natasha Bauman
14. Canvey Island by James Runcie (2/9/09)
15. Looking For Alaska by John Green (1/2/09)
16. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
17. The Rose of York: Love and War by Sandra Worth (1/22/09)
18. Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane (1/23/09)
19. Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane
20. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
21. The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti
22. The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies
23. The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville
24. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn (2/10/09)
25. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
See? Ambitious. Possibly also insane, but I’m aiming high (plus, there’s not much to look forward to on TV in the spring with Pushing Daisies going off the air in January). I’ll provide links to reviews when I’ve completed and reviewed each book.