Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you’re all having a fantastic day, whether you celebrate the holiday or not. I’m having a lot of fun spending time with my family and enjoying all the great food. I never eat so much homemade food as I do during the holiday season (everything else I eat during the rest of the year is boxed or frozen or comes in a takeout bag).
I’ve received some great books this year as Christmas gifts. I got:
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
- Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
- A Rose for the Crown by Anne Easter Smith
- Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith
- London by Edward Rutherfurd
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Lady of the Roses by Sandra Worth
As you can see, lots of great things. The first two books I received from my Library Thing Santa Thing (secret Santa, for those not familiar with LT), Literate Housewife. I’ve already read Benjamin Button, and I’m writing the review for it.
I also received a $60 gift card for Barnes and Noble from my brother, and I received $100 from my grandparents. Part of that money is going to be put aside so I can buy a new bed sometime during the next few months, but the rest is probably going to be spent at the bookstore. I can’t help it.
I’m probably going to spend the rest of the afternoon reading American Wife and spending time with my family. Hope the rest of your day is wonderful!