I am a sheep. That is the only justification I have for joining yet another challenge. This time, it’s the Countdown Challenge, hosted at 1 More Chapter. I’m a bit late to this challenge, but luckily some of the books I’ve already read count, and I think books I’ve got planned for 2009 should fill out the rest. Anyway, here are the rules:
- The goal of this challenge is to read the number of books first published in a given year that corresponds to the last digit of each year in the 2000s — 9 books from 2009, 8 books from 2008, etc. The total number of books required, therefore, is 45.
- This challenge lasts from 8/8/08 through 9/9/09. Yes, it is retroactive to August 8th!
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed and your lists may change at any time.
My lists are as follows:
2009- 9 Books
2008- 8 Books
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
- Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
2007- 7 Books
2006- 6 Books
2005- 5 Books
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
2004- 4 Books
2003- 3 Books
- The Rose of York: Love and War by Sandra Worth
2002- 2 Books
2001- 1 Book
- Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
(At this point, I’m not going to try to go back to previous reviews- though I could certainly fill the 2008 portion of the list. Instead, I’m going to try to get through it beginning from here on out. I reserve the right to change this at any time).