Winter is officially over, and with it, so ends the Winter Reading Challenge. And I failed at the Winter Reading Challenge. I would even go so far as to call it a colossal failure. I initially signed up to try to complete 25 books. I finished 13- just a little over half. In no particular order, the books were:
01. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (12/29/08 )
02. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr (2/28/09)
03. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell (1/29/09)
04. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter (01/17/09)
05. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (3/7/09)
06. The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig (2/28/09)
07. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell (01/07/09)
08. Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty (3/8/09)
09. Canvey Island by James Runcie (2/9/09)
10. Looking For Alaska by John Green (1/2/09)
11. The Rose of York: Love and War by Sandra Worth (1/22/09)
12. Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane (1/23/09)
13. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn (2/10/09)
Overall, though, I’m not disappointed. I crossed a few books off my TBR that had been lingering there awhile- Ella Minnow Pea, Looking for Alaska, and Second Helpings had all been on my bookshelf for a year or more. I also finished books I probably wouldn’t have read right away without the challenge- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, for example.
You can see my original post for the challenge, including the books I didn’t finish, here. For those of you who’ve read my list for the Spring Reading Thing, you’ll notice I’ve just moved some of the books on to that challenge. I am determined to read some of these books this year.