As I’m sure you all know, the 24-Hour Read-a-thon is this weekend. At this point, I am planning to participate, but I don’t think I will be able to participate the full 24 hours. Last year, I missed the first three hours (it’s impossible for me to get up at 5 am on a weekday, and flat-out unheard of for me to do so on a weekend), and I also missed the last three hours because I fell asleep. But I was able to finish three books (two of which were for my senior paper), and overall, I was pretty pleased with the results.
Fortunately, I don’t have to do any reading for school this year, so hopefully it will be a much more enjoyable and productive read-a-thon this year. I know many others are beginning to assemble their book piles, and I am as well. Currently on the pile are the following:
- Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty (provided I don’t finish it before then)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman (I don’t expect to finish this during the read-a-thon, but I would like to make some progress in it)
- The Reader by Bernard Schlink
- Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
- Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name by Vendela Vida
- People of the book by Geraldine Brooks
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (audiobook)
In the event that there are times when I am not able to sit and read, I’m planning to continue listening to my audiobook of Outlander. I’ve read it before, but I’m listening to it as part of the Outlander challenge before Echo in the Bone is released later this year (you can see my post for the Outlander Challenge here).
Since I have more than 400 books on the TBR pile, it’s possible I will be reading things not on this list. So you’ll have to tune in tomorrow to see what I’m reading.
I will be updating my progress throughout the day, so don’t forget to stop in throughout the day! Best of luck and Happy Reading to all my fellow Read-a-thon participants!