I have just finished My Abandonment, and as it turns out, my gut instinct was right as far as which true story this novel was based on. Still, the ending wasn’t quite what I expected, and overall, I think it was a satisfactory first book for the read-a-thon.
I slept a bit during most of hour 3, so I’m not as far along in the reading as I might like, but that’s okay. I’m going to take a break for breakfast for the rest of this hour, and my reading between now and 2:00 Pacific time will probably be sporadic. I’m thinking Cranford might be my next read. We’ll see.
My mosquito nemesis continues to elude me, but the good news is that I have no new bites. Perhaps it’ll resurface later in the afternoon and I can end this showdown once and for all!
- Currently reading: Nothing. It’s break time. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell is likely my next book.
- Pages read the last 3 hours: 133
- Total pages read: 225
- Minutes spent reading the last 3 hours: 90
- Total minutes spent reading: 167
- Books completed: My Abandonment by Peter Rock