The read-a-thon starts in just over 5 hours, and I am all set and ready to go. I’ve got books, snacks, beverages, tunes, and activities for when I can’t stomach any more reading (and by activities, I mean laundry).
I’ve decided I want to try to make it through the read-a-thon reading only the books in my pre-ordained pile. It’s got a pretty good variety, so I think I should be okay. They are (top to bottom):
- The Colour by Rose Tremain (already reading this, but I am hoping to finish it at some point tomorrow.
- Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelly Rowley
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- Finny by Justin Kramon
- Speak Softly, She Can Hear by Pam Lewis
- In Between the Sheets by Ian McEwan
- Pieces of the Heart by Karen White
- Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel
- Mrs. ‘Arris Goes to Paris by Paul Gallico
- Veronika Decides to Die by Paolo Coelho
- After the Quake by Haruki Murakami
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Bad Marie by Marcy Dermansky
- Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell
Well, start time will be here before I know it, so I will see you all in just a few short hours. I will be updating the blog throughout the day, as well as tweeting under the #readathon hashtag.