Okay, a nap is in order. I could feel myself starting to slip toward dreamland, especially during the last twenty minutes or so. But before I do, here is the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelly Rowley
2. How many books have you read so far? 1
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I think Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell, or Finny by Justin Kramon
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. I actually deliberately made a plan that wouldn’t quite give me a full free day.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? In the midst of my 5th Read-a-thon, I just roll with the punches. If I were to worry about interruptions, it would just hurt my head. That being said, all my interruptions have been self-inflicted.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I think I had expected to have more read at this point.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I think next time, I am going to plan to have a charity correlation. Something like donating a dime for every page or minute read to a literacy-related charity.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes. I have a splitting headache and just set my alarm for my mid-event nap.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Not right now.
- Currently reading: Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelly Rowley
- Pages read the last hour: 73
- Total pages read: 366
- Minutes spent reading the last hour: 50
- Total minutes spent reading: 220
- Books completed: Bad Marie by Marcy Dermansky
Back in an hour or so.