Hey everyone! So it’s been about a thousand years since I blogged for real- okay, maybe not quite that long, but it has been a full calendar year. Sad, sad. I’ve been in the worst reading and blogging slump of my life. However, after sitting out of the April readathon for the first time since 2008 due to a trip to Texas to visit my pal Meagan, I will be back here tomorrow for the October 2012 Readathon.
So I’m sure you’re wondering what you can expect from me tomorrow. The truth is, so am I. I believe I will be starting on time, provided I don’t sleep through my alarm like I do every other day of my life (it happens), and I plan to read for at least the first 9 hours. Sometime around hour 10 I will be taking a break for several hours as I attend the wedding of a longtime family friend, but I should be back sometime around hour 16.
As far as posting goes, I am going to try something different this year. Rather than hourly updates as I’ve done in the past, I am going to just do one post and update it throughout the day. We’ll see how that works.
The initial books in my readathon pile for tomorrow are:
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munroe
- The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
- This is Not Chick Lit, edited by Elizabeth Merrick
- Bright Star by John Keats
- The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer
- Candide by Voltaire
- Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman
- Crooked Letter Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
- Birds of a Lesser Paradise by Megan Mayhew Bergman
As always, books may be added or removed at my discretion and whims, because I’m fickle that way.
Since we are now just 6 and a half short hours til start time, I’m going to wrap this up and go to bed. See y’all before the sun comes up. No joke.