If I do nothing else with this blog, at least I am an active Readathon participant. I will be participating in tomorrow morning’s readathon, with the following books (with maybe some substitutes):
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner
- Bright Star by John Keats
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- The Bell by Iris Murdoch
- The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti
- The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
It is past time for me to read some of these books. Bright Star, The Idea of Perfection and The Remains of the Day are all making at least their second appearance on my readathon list, and in the case of all three, I think maybe also their third.
As far as my plans for tomorrow itself, I am planning/hoping to participate as usual for the first 10-12 hours before taking a few hours off between hour 13 and probably hour 16, then coming back to put in some more time until hour 19 or 20, which is when I invariably fall asleep.
And so now, since the coffeemaker is set and all my books are likewise set, I am going to try to get some sleep. Looks like I’ll get 6 hours tonight before the alarm goes off. See you all at the starting line tomorrow!