Good morning, everyone! It is very early here, but the coffee started percolating on time and my neighbors didn’t keep me awake the way they kept my roommate awake (apparently the armpit fart is alive and well among the late night hot tub dwellers in my apartment complex. Who knew?)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am reading from Roseville, CA (a suburb of Sacramento)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Admission and The House at Riverton are both longtime staples of the Readathon stack, and I am hoping I’ll finally knock one or both out this time. I am also looking forward to Tiny Beautiful Things and Dear Life (I picked this book up a little over a week ago, and consider the timing to be rather prescient given Alice Munro’s Nobel win this week).
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I think I might bake cookies later. That could be a good snack. If I make them, they’ll be white chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
This is my 10th(!) Readathon. I’ve participated in every one since October 2008 (the last one hosted by Dewey), with the exception of April 2012.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
At this point, my habits are fairly ingrained. Get up at 4:45, read for most of the first few hours, nap during hour 3 or 4, power through until about hour 12 (with the exception of a shower, usually around hour 6). Usually around hour 13 I need to take a break for a few hours. Then I come back during hour 16ish, read in fits and starts for a few hours, then give up and go to bed around hour 20. I usually update hourly.
I will be updating every hour or so while I participate with the following statistics and my thoughts on the previous hour, along with random miscellaneous updates.
The Book Stack
Currently, the following books are in my book stack:
- Noughties by Ben Masters
- This is Paradise by Kristiana Kahakauwila
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- The Passion of the Purple Plumeria by Lauren Willig
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- Dear Life by Alice Munro
- The Last Winter of Dani Lancing by P.D. Viner
- Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
- Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Currently reading: The Passion of the Purple Plumeria
Books completed: None
Pages read last hour: n/a
Total pages read: n/a
Minutes read last hour: n/a
Total minutes read: n/a