I just finished my second book of the readathon, Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley. It was such a charming little story, and I will definitely be tracking down more of his work in the future, including the companion book, The Haunted Bookshop.
I did some non-readathon things in the last few hours as well, so I didn’t read as much as I would have liked. However, I did finally start Admission, which I’m very excited to work on over the next few hours. I’ll be taking another break toward the end of this hour to go pick my roommate up from work, but the book will be coming with me.
1. What are you reading right now? Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
2. How many books have you read so far? Two
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing Admission, maybe getting to The House at Riverton
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. That’s the beauty of being unmarried with no children
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My interruptions have been of my own doing. At this point I just do what I have to and come back to the readathon when I can.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nothing much. I will be surprised later if I finish both Admission and The House at Riverton this year.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. Andi and Heather have got this, and they do an awesome job.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I don’t usually sign up to cheer, but I think I might next time.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I took a couple micro-naps earlier, and may take another this evening. Mostly I’m okay though.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I never have an answer for this question….
Currently reading: Admission
Books completed: Love Letters to the Dead, Parnassus on Wheels
Pages read last four hours: 142
Total pages read: 323
Minutes read last four hours: 93
Total minutes read: 253
Pages per minute: 1.27