Good morning everyone! It’s Readathon day, and I am SO excited to be hanging out with you all reading today. This is seriously my favorite bookish event all year, and the fact that we get to do it twice a year rocks.
Before I do anything else, I want to be sure to say THANK YOU to Andi and Heather (and their team) for all their hard work on this event, both today and leading up to it. Thanks you guys!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am reading from Roseville, CA, a city that can’t decide whether it wants to be Beverley Hills or Stars Hollow, and tries to be both.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. I’ve had it on my shelf practically since it came out, but still haven’t read it in spite of the awesome things I’ve heard about it (and my love of Roxane Gay on Twitter).
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Not so much a snack, but I’m going to make some slow cooker chicken and dumplings for dinner and so I’m excited for dinner later tonight.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Hmm. This is my 12th readathon! As usual, my reading buddies are my cat, Stella, and my roommate’s cat, Miggy, but it’s too early for both of them so they’re still warm in their beds (and by their beds, I mean the human’s beds, the little brats). And I never quite know what to say in these “Tell us about you!” questions. I had a job interview start out that way once and I answered with a self-deprecating remark about selling myself.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
For the first time ever, I am cheering! Officially and everything! So that’s new and exciting.