Today, Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity is hosting her annual A Day in the Life event. Since I’m slowly easing my way back in to blogging, I thought this would be a good way to share a bit about myself. I tracked last Tuesday, March 15, 2016. Head over to Trish’s blog to see how other participants spent their days. 

4:55 am: The first of my four alarms goes off. I hit snooze, but I’m sort of awake. I get in some quality snuggles with Luna, my seven month old kitten. 

6:38 am: After ignoring my remaining alarms, I finally roll out of bed and hit the shower. 

7:06 am: I’ve showered and dressed, and just need to feed myself and Luna. She gets kibble, and I’m having leftover Belgian waffles from the large batch I made Sunday. 

7:16 am: I’m out the door and off to work. My commute is about 45 minutes to an hour, so I have lots of listening time. Since it’s Tuesday, there’s a new All the Books! podcast waiting for me. 

8:15 am: Traffic was a bit uncooperative, so it took me longer than I’d have liked to get to work. My to-do list today is a bit exhaustive, so I settle in to get started. It’s a day where I have a lot to do on probate-related matters, including preparing documents, calling the court, and arranging publication of the probate notice for a recently filed case. 

11:00 am: I join my boss in a meeting with some estate planning clients so that I can notarize their new trust. 

12:20 pm: Lunchtime. Today’s lunch is pork tamales while I mess around with my iPad. 

1:20 pm: Back to work. My afternoon tasks include client phone calls and working on an accounting for a probate matter. 

6:00 pm: Leave work. My dad calls to discuss plans for our forthcoming trip to Arizona, and I make stops at Hobby Lobby, the pharmacy, and Kazoku Teriyaki (my very favorite takeout place), and finally head home. My evening soundtrack is the most recent album from Silversun Pickups, one of my favorite bands. 

8:10 pm: I’m finally home. I scarf down my dinner, make some bill payments, catch up with my roommate, and spend some time on Instagram and Pinterest looking for travel journal inspiration. There’s also a good chunk of time spent playing with Luna, who requires lots of entertainment after being home alone most of the day. 

10:30 pm: I lay down in bed with Queen of the Night and read a few pages, but it’s not long before I’m asleep, recharging for a new day. 

So, that’s a look at my day. It was a pretty low-key day, but it was a pretty typical day for me.