Updated October 28, 2016:
Are you an author, publisher, or publicist interested in having me review your book? I am happy to accept certain books for review consideration. If I feel that your book would not be a good fit for me (or that I would not be a good fit for your book), I reserve the right to refuse a review request. If I do accept your book, you can expect me to review the book honestly and fairly, and I will not allow disparaging comments about my review or me. I will try to read your book and post my review in a timely fashion, but some may take longer than others, and I do give my real life obligations priority. If you’d like a review published by a specific deadline, I’m not going to be the best fit for you.
I accept books in the following genres, as these are the genres I read:
- Literary fiction
- Women’s literature
- Historical Fiction
- Short stories and essay collections
- Historical Romances
- Contemporary Romances
- Romantic suspense
- Speculative fiction (case by case)
- Historical non-fiction. I like everything from big, sweeping historical surveys to micro-histories.
- Books about feminism (unless it’s about how feminism is a blight on society, in which case, sending me a review request is probably a waste of your time and mine. I am NOT your target audience)
I am not currently accepting the following genres:
- Science Fiction
- Paranormal or urban fantasy
- Children’s books
- Young adult books
- Self-help books
- Graphic novels
- Memoirs and autobiographies
I know that there are awesome things about each of those genres, and I like to dip in from time to time. But the reality is that I read them sporadically at best, and I’m not going to be the best fit for your book.
I accept books in the following formats: finished hardcover and paperback; ePub ebooks; audio (CDs and mp3 files are both acceptable); bound galleys and ARCs. My preference is for print books.
I will not accept any of the following for any reason:
- Self-published books (no exceptions; I think self-publishing is great, but I work 40+ hours a week, and though I have read and will continue to read self-published books, I’d prefer to read the ones I choose)
- Book tour books
- Books available only through Amazon, or only available through one digital platform
- Unbound books
Reading and Ruminations has been semi-active since January 2005. It was originally hosted at http://shootingstarr7.livejournal.com, but has been at readingandruminations.com since December 2008. It was inactive for most of 2011 and 2012, but I am in the process of making the whole site active again.
In my reviews, I provide links to purchase the books from IndieBound.
Please email me at readingandruminations (at) gmail (dot) com with any further inquiries. Any emails from me will always come from this address.